If you have questions about our services, or if you need emergency support, contact our team.
BDA System Design & Installation in Denver, CO & Rocky Mountain Region
Frontier Fire Protection has you covered for the design & installation of a BDA/ERCES system in Denver, Colorado, and the entire Rocky Mountain Region – at a very competitive price.
A survey must be performed annually on existing buildings and when a new construction is almost complete, so it is best to budget for an ERCES/BDA system – utilizing basic vertical wiring installed in a 2-hour rated assembly.
Frontier Fire Protection is available for bid requests for all ERCES/BDA systems – and we can answer any of your questions. Call our main office today at 303 629.0221, the location closest to you, or contact us online to talk with our fire protection experts across the Rocky Mountain Region.
What is BDA/ERCES?
- BDA – Bi-Directional Amplifier
- ERCES – Emergency Radio Communication Enhancement System
ERCES & BDA Systems address the performance of first responders’ portable radios inside buildings. Building construction can absorb or block radio communication and concrete, metal, underground structures, and low E glass windows can negatively impact radio signal strength. This means that first responders’ inside the building may not be able to communicate effectively with emergency services outside – or the dispatch center.
Lack of communication can result in dire consequences during an emergency situation – posing risks to the first responders as well as your team & property. Because of this, ERCES/BDA systems are required by life safety codes for all buildings that may have poor radio transmission.
Does my building need an ERCES/BDA system?
If your building does not meet the required signal strength (below) the only effective solution is to install an ERCES/BDA system.
- International Fire Code (IFC) requires 95% coverage in all areas of the building
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requires 99% coverage in critical areas & 90% in general areas
An RF Survey (radio frequency) will determine the radio transmission coverage in your building by measuring the signal strength on a design grid per floor with a Spectrum Analyzer.
First Responder Communication Issues Are Serious
- 98.5% of responders reported building dead spots
- 56% experienced in-building communications failure in emergencies (last 2 years)
- 31% experienced communications failure (last 6 months)
NOTIFIER by Honeywell BDA Used in Denver & Beyond
Frontier Fire Protection uses Honeywell’s NOTIFIER Bi-Directional Amplifier Solutions for reliable 2-way emergency radio communication. NOTIFIER’s BDA system enhances public safety radio frequency (RF) signal coverage. It provides a high power band-selective signal boost customizable for all US public safety frequency band ranges with a high rejection of interfering signals. Beyond its functionality – it is corrosion resistant, dissipates heat well, and is easy to wall-mount.
- Specifically designed to meet UL2524 standards
- NFPA 72 2010 Edition, NFPA 1221 2016 Edition & IFC 2018 compliant
- Single BDA to cover multiple sub-bands with a wider bandpass
- Automatic & self-adjusting oscillation prevention and uplink squelch support
- Lower power consumption for long term reliability & efficiency
Contact Frontier Fire Protection for BDA System Design & Installation
Contact Frontier today if you have any questions about BDA systems in the Rocky Mountain Region, or send us a bid request. Our Bi-Directional Amplifier system experts – Andy Mayer & Otto Lau – can help you understand the requirements and design/install the right system for your particular building or construction.