POSITION TITLE: Fire Alarm Service Technician
REPORTS TO: Alarm Service Superintendent
DEPARTMENT: Fire Alarm Service and Inspection Team
Frontier Fire Protection is a market-leading fire & life safety systems construction & service company. The company has over 140 employees, a majority of which are Sprinkler Fitters which provides the company with top-tier skilled field labor. In October of 2016, the company was acquired and recapitalized by a PE investor group and poised for exceptional success with planned in-state expansion north & south along the front range and west into the mountains and western slope.
The Fire Alarm Service Technician’s duties include install and service of fire alarm systems with knowledge of multiple manufacturer’s products. The Fire Alarm Service Technician will provide accurate and detailed work orders and daily reports with proper documentation of improvements and complications.
• Tests all equipment after installation or repairs made to ensure performance of system
• Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
• Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of jobs
• All work is performed to NFPA and Company standards with quality inspection and installation techniques practiced
• Willing to complete documentation as necessary in a neat and timely fashion; with or without reasonable accommodation
• Willing to use mobile electronics such as a computer tablet to record and transmit inspection documents
• Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
• Maintains equipment and supplies to ensure they are in good working order.
• Works with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Ensure that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
• Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy, and be willing to travel within the state of Colorado
• Willing to pass pre-employment drug screen, reference and background check
• Other duties as assigned
• NICET II certification or willing to receive the certification within 1 year preferred
• Knowledge of NFPA code is preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while performing fire alarm service
• Willing to handle low voltage wiring and corresponding devices for the operation of low voltage equipment
• Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job
• Reports are to be completed electronically on mobile equipment, provided by the employer
• Keep supervisor informed of known actions, written or verbal, which may affect the ability to successfully perform assignments or adversely affect Company operations.
• Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full).
• Complete additional projects as developed and assigned by your supervisor or management.
• Provide other support whether apparent, required or needed.
• Work in a team environment.
• Action-Oriented/Takes Initiative
• Decision Quality/Decisiveness
• Employee Engagement
• 401(k) match up to 4%
• Two weeks paid vacation
Starting pay is $25.00-$27.00/hr depending on experience.
EOE M/F/Vet/Disability /Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity