POSITION TITLE: Designer
REPORTS TO: Lead Design
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Design Team
Frontier Fire Protection is a market-leading fire & life safety systems construction & service company. The company has over 180 employees, a majority of which are members of the UA Local Union 669 Road Sprinkler Fitters which has jurisdiction in 48 states, providing the company with top-tier skilled field labor. In October of 2016, the company was acquired and recapitalized by a PE investor group and poised for exceptional success with planned in-state expansion north & south along the front range and west into the mountains and western slope.
This individual will design and coordinate the fire sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the sprinkler systems using drawings, drafting skills and tools. The drawings produced will be used as a guide by every other link in the chain of construction, both on-site and in the office. The lead designer will have responsibility for the planning of a project including scheduling, creating material stock listing, analyzing changes, solving problems and total delivery of the project according to established criteria. Close coordination with the Lead Design, Superintendent, and Estimating Department will be required throughout the life of the project.
• Review customer source control drawings, specification control drawings and other applicable specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of product.
• Draw rough sketches and perform mathematical computations to develop design and work out detailed specifications of components.
• Apply knowledge of mathematical formulas and physical laws and use conventional and computerized work aids to make calculations.
• Perform preliminary and advanced work in development of working layouts and final master drawings, adequate for detailing parts and units of design for new proposals and current designs.
• Make revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create practical design drawings.
• Participate in engineering and general design reviews as required.
• Interact with vendors and customers on engineering design issues.
• Keep supervisor advised of work status, work load, problems and progress as related to work assignments.
• Associate degree or similar experience
• 2 years AutoCAD experience
• Driver License with Clean MVR
• Working knowledge of computer skills related to position
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Good problem-solving skills
• Ability to negotiate uneven terrain, climb step and extension ladders
• Action-Oriented/Takes Initiative
• Decision Quality/Decisiveness
• Employee Engagement
EOE M/F/Vet/Disability /Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity